Are you pondering upon enrolling Kickboxing classes? Are you already training and want to have a gear change? Well, one thing is for sure, if you're looking for the best Kickboxing gloves for women, then you have come to the right article.
Over the recent years, more women have trained in Kickboxing for the various benefits that the combat sport gives to them. Not only is it an excellent full-body workout, it also trains and teaches them self-defense.
Most beginners may think that all Kickboxing gloves are the same, but in fact, there's different constructions of gloves for different purposes. If you want to take Kickboxing seriously, then being equipped with the best Kickboxing gloves is an essential part of your journey.
There are several factors to consider in choosing the best Kickboxing gloves for women. All of them are equally important and significant in your training. These will all be discussed in the sections below, so keep on reading!
The common mistake of newly enrolled Kickboxing students is buying gloves that has cool designs, or buying the cheapest ones in order to save money. Unfortunately, these decisions will fortunately not go well for them.
It ends up either that the gloves are uncomfortable or not suitable for them in actual training sessions, or the gloves get damaged easily and doesn't last long enough. This is why in investing for equipment or gear, always prioritize quality over quantity and aesthetics.
In the following sections, we check what to look for when buying the best Kickboxing gloves for women.
To begin with, the basic factor to consider, in my opinion, is the intended purpose of the gloves. Different levels of competition may also require different types of gloves. A set of gloves that are used for training may vary from those used for professional or amateur matches.
If it’s just for training, then the important quality to note first is its comfortability, durability, and suitability. With training applications only, a lightweight glove is sufficient and certainly the best choice. The following below are the different types of gloves that you may find around:
- Training or sparring gloves – these are the most common gloves that you could find online or in many sports shops. As the term suggests, it is primarily used for training purposes such as sparring sessions.
- Bag gloves – these are gloves that are used mainly for bag workouts or boxing pads. Thus, you may find that these gloves have fewer paddings comparing to others. The reason for this is that you’re going to hit an inanimate object and not a person.
- Competition or fighting gloves – these gloves are for professional matches. And the gloves used are regulated by a specific organization. In the case of this combat sport, then it is the World Kickboxing Association. They govern the standard of the match, which includes the gloves being used. Such gear would normally have more padding to ensure boxers’ safety.
The glove paddings is one basic distinguishing factor among the type gloves. If you’re only using it for punching bags or boxing mitts, then you can wear gloves that have less padding. For sparring or professional matches, you may have to wear gloves that have more padding.
Before, boxing gloves had foam as the only protective padding embedded in it. Fortunately, with the latest innovations and technology, there are now better glove paddings such as memory foam, EVA foam, and even gel paddings.
Some women may have iron-like hands, and some soft, especially those who are beginners of the sport. Even so, hand and knuckle issues are a common issue even in the professional scene because fighters spend a long time pounding the punching bags and sparring a lot. So, for your own safety, opt for thicker paddings that are gel ones.
Size and Weight
Just like any gear, always consider the size of the gloves you’re going to buy because the comfortability of it greatly depends upon its fit in your hands. Also, the wrong size of gloves will cause hand fatigue and worse, hand injuries for you.
There are now boxing gloves that are specifically designed for women, like the Sanabul Hyperstrike Womens Kickboxing Fight Gloves, which will be included below. In addition, the size of the gloves may also determine its weight. The smaller the gloves, the lighter it may be.
In general, your body weight can also a factor in determining which gloves you’re going to buy. Take note that the gloves sizes for men and women may vary. Below is a summary of what to consider when buying a set of gloves in regards to weight:
- Less than 45kg – 12 to 16 ounces for training sessions and 6 ounces for bag and mitt workouts.
- 45kg to 50kg – 16 ounces for training sessions and 8 ounces for bag and mitt workouts.
- 50kg to 60kg – 16 ounces for training sessions and 10 ounces for bag and mitt workouts.
- 60kg to 70kg – 16 ounces for training sessions and 12 ounces for bag and mitt workouts.
- More than 70kg – 16 ounces for training sessions and 12 ounces for bag and mitt workouts.
Best Kickboxing Gloves for Women
1. Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
The gloves are excellent for women who just started combat sports like boxing, Muay Thai, and Kickboxing. For women with small fists, it fits in comfortably without the gloves moving around during bag workouts or light sparring sessions.
The gloves are made of premium synthetic leather and four layers of natural foam including a triple density foam. It has good shock absorption and is lightweight which is a good contributor for fluid movement and accurate attacks.
This may be the case, rest assured that the overall quality of the gloves is not compromised. The seams and leather are durable, guaranteed to last long and ensuring that the wearer is protected from injury.
Venum Elite Boxing Gloves
- Easy hook and loop closure
- Quality synthetic leather
- Relatively affordable
- It may not be recommendable for heavy hitters
2. Sanabul Hyperstrike Womens Fight Gloves
The Sanabul Hyperstrike Kickboxing Fight Gloves are specifically made for women’s use. The mold and shape of the gloves are stylistically designed to have a perfect fit and comfortability for women during training.
The gloves has great wrist protection with its hook and loop closure. It is made with a full-palm mesh, premium lining, and multiple-layer professional grade padding, maximizing hand protection while also ensuring ventilation and durability.
Additionally, they have five colorways to choose from and its sleek and simplistic designs are of a beauty to watch. Sanabul Hyperstrike definitely is a good choice for women who wants the best out of their Kickboxing training.
Sanabul Hyperstrike Womens Gloves
- Tailored and designed for women
- Excellent hand ergonomics
- Full-palm breathability
- Dominant white color may make leather easily stained
3. Sanabul Essential Gel Gloves
I love the overall aesthetic of the gear, especially the combination of black and white with stripes of pink all around the gloves. The design kind of reminds me of the pink ranger in the first generation of Power Rangers.
It also feels even better in your hands. Aside from the gloves’ comfortability factor, they are also excellent in protecting you and your sparring partner from injury.
The form of the gloves should perfectly fit your hands, given that you have your proportionate size. And a perfectly fitted glove prevents that uncomfortable wobbly feeling during your training.
A set of substandard gloves may leave a sore hand, fingers, and elbows. But you don’t have to worry any of that with Sanabul Essential Gel Gloves. This feature can also absorb shocks while hitting or attempting an attack. Lastly, they are very durable, which can last for a long time.
Sanabul Essential Gel Gloves
- Affordable for its great features
- Although it perfectly fits your fits, it is fairly breathable
- It is ideal for sparring sessions and bag workouts
- Sturdy build with excellent wrist protection
- You may find minor issues with its stitching
4. Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
The Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves are made of durable layers of thin foam that protects the wearers’ hands from possible injuries. It has a full mesh palm that promotes breathability and comfort.
It has a feature they call ThumbLok that perfectly locks every aspect of your hands, including the fingers, fist, and wrists. Thus, it facilitates comfort and additional security. This may be the case, I still advise to wear a proper wrap to ensure protection while using the gloves.
It is made of synthetic leather with anti-microbial linings. This type of material is also easier to clean. The Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves are very affordable and recommended for beginners..
Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Very affordable
- It is easy to clean since it is made of breathable synthetic leather.
- It comes in a variety of colors and three sizes
- The paddings on the wrist are thin
- The straps are short which may not properly close the gloves if the wearer has large hands
5. Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves
The Hayabusa T3 boxing gloves is one of the best rated pair of gloves across the market. It is the perfect set of gloves for heavy bag Kickboxing workouts because The paddings on these boxing gloves are amazing.
The boxing gloves are primarily made of type leather called Vylar. It is a leather engineered by Hayabusa that provides optimum durability and heavy-duty. It also features a protection system that Hayabusa calls as Fusion Zone System and Dual X-Wrist Close.
Yup, they are pretty expensive, which some may find a little bit disappointing, especially if they really want a pair of this brand. Nevertheless, with all its features, I still believe that it is a good value for your money.
Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves
- Highest rated glove in the market
- Excellent comfort and fit
- Durable leather construction
- Premium foam technology for optimum protection
- Expensive compared to other competitors
Well, that's it. As of current time of writing, the ones listed above are the best kickboxing gloves for women. For a smarter purchase of gloves, please do consider the important factors that were listed in the buyer's guide.
Overall, choosing a glove will all boil down to comfortability and compatibility. Be sure that the gloves suit your preferences so that it would not bother and hinder you during your training.
Consequently, always remember that Kickboxing gloves are an investment. It's a piece of equipment that you will be using often for a long time. With that being said, strive to prioritize quality over quantity.
I hope this article helped you in your search for the best kickboxing gloves for women, and assisted you to be able to determine which of those brands perfectly suits your needs. Thank you for taking time off and reading my content!