Welcome to my review of the best boxing gloves for big hands!
Nowadays, there are countless products, designs, styles, and types of Boxing gloves. However, not everything can be worn by anyone, especially those people gifted with big fists.
Are you looking for boxing gloves that perfectly fit your big hands? If this is your concern, then you have come to the right place.
In this review, I will provide a list of some of the best brands that’s suitable for people with large fists. At the conclusion of this content, I will also provide a buyer’s guide to help you with your future purchases.
I’ve also reviewed other combat sports brands in the past. You may check them out if you like—Best Boxing Gloves for Training, Karate Gear for Kids, Best Shin Guards, Best Boxing Gloves on Amazon, and Best MMA Gear Brands.
6 Best Boxing Gloves For Big Hands
1. Ring to Cage Deluxe MiM-Foam Sparring Gloves
You can never go wrong with this pair of boxing gloves. This is because the Ring to Cage Deluxe MiM-Foam Sparring Gloves is simply of the best training gloves in the market.
In fact, it scored a perfect ten out of ten ratings in a popular combat gear oriented forum called Sherdog gear and equipment.
One of the notable features of the gloves is its superb safety system. The MiM-Foam technology protects your hands from potential injuries such as soreness or skinning of the knuckles.
On the other hand, the Safety Strap Closure System is made of a combination of a leather strap and an elastic strap that offers maximum wrist support.
Ring to Cage Deluxe MiM-Foam Sparring Gloves
2. Ringside Heavy Hitter Glove
The Ringside Heavy Hitter Glove is one of the best gloves for bag workouts. Traditional bag gloves are heavy. And the reason for such is that you’re hitting an inanimate thing and not a person.
Although this pair of gloves is suggested for punching bags and focus mitts, they are amazingly comfortable. The palm section of gloves is made of synthetic leather, while its exterior is genuine leather.
Overall, the Ringside Heavy Hitter Gloves is a great buy if you want a pair of gloves that can help you improve your workouts.
Ringside Heavy Hitter Glove
- It may not be suitable for sparring sessions
- It is a bit costly compared to competing brands
3. Title Boxing Big League XXL Bag Gloves
As the term implies, the Title Boxing Big League XXL Bag Gloves is specially designed for people with extra-big hands.
It has excellent paddings with sponge molded foams that resist shocks effectively anytime it hits punching bags, for example.
The boxing gloves are extremely durable because the surface is fully covered with leather. Therefore, you can assure that it can last for a long time, even if you use it regularly during intense training.
It also has a hook-and-loop closure and full wrist wrap to ensure that it is secured as you work on improving your game.
Lastly, the nylon mesh on the palm makes it breathable, allowing hot air to vent from inside the gloves.
Title Boxing Big League XXL Bag Gloves
- Perfect for people with big hands
- Excellent paddings
4. Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves
The design was one thing I’ve initially noticed when I saw Hayabusa gloves for the first time.
The Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves isn’t just all looks. It is made of quality materials that make them super durable and versatile. Other notable feature of the gloves includes a 5-layer foam complex, ergonomic thumb, dual closure, and 4x splinting.
Lastly, foam and wrist support are outstanding, which makes them comfortable to use.
Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves
- It is made of quality materials
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Outstanding wrist support
- It may be a little expensive compared to other brands
5. Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Gloves
This pair of gloves combine the elements of lightweight, comfortability, durability, and versatility.
In addition, the Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Gloves have a simple design that is pleasing to look at. It offers solid and vibrant colors with the brand logo displayed on its surface.
If you want boxing gloves that have designs or imprints, then they also have several items to offer.
It is made of premium leather that provides maximum protection as you train.
Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Gloves
- Variety of colors to choose from
- It is made of premium leather
- A little expensive if you choose the bigger one
6. Title Boxing Gel Suspense Training Gloves
The Title Boxing Gloves has superb gel lining and paddings. What this means is that it provides outstanding durability that makes the boxing gloves long-lasting.
The gloves won’t wear easily and can stand long hours of training. This is also true even if you use them frequently.
The combination of layered foam padding and gel lining allows maximum protection in any form of boxing training that includes heavy bag workouts and sparring sessions.
Therefore, you don’t have to worry about soreness or your knuckles being skinned.
The Title Boxing Gel Suspense Training Gloves are a little expensive, though. However, I believe that it is a good investment if you want to take your game to the next level.
Title Boxing Gel Suspense Training Gloves
- It is aesthetically pleasing to look at
- Superb gel lining
- Extra padding
- Variety of colors to choose from
- The knuckle section of the gloves may not be as flat as it should be. Thus, it may cause your hands to twist during impact.
- The extra padding and gel lining may be a little heavy compared to other boxing gloves.
There are several factors to look for when searching for the perfect pair of gloves that suit your preferences.
First and foremost, you have to consider the intended purpose of the gloves. This is because different gloves serve different functions.
If you’re a complete beginner to the sport of boxing, then you might make the mistake of choosing the one.
The following are basic gloves you can find in the market:
- Sparring/Training Boxing Gloves – as the term implies, it is mainly used for training or sparring purposes.
- Bag Gloves – these sets of gloves are specially designed for punching bags or focus mitts. Take note that bag gloves are a little thicker compared to regular gloves because, apparently, you’re going to hit an inanimate object and not a person.
- Competition – it is the boxing gloves that are used for official matches as regulated by a specific boxing organization.
Next, we check some of the factors to consider when buying boxing gloves.
The paddings are one of the distinguishing factors among the types of gloves.
The density of paddings depends on what your purpose you intend to use it for.
Size matters in choosing which gloves to use, right? You can choose the appropriate size on the product page.
You also have to take note that competition and training gloves are a little heavier compared to bag gloves, which are smaller and lightweight.
And it is so because you’re going to use for punching bags and focus mitts as mentioned earlier.
You should also consider your weight as you choose which gloves to use:
- Less than 45k – 12 to 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 6 ounces for bag workouts.
- 45kg to 50kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 8 ounces for bag workouts.
- 50kg to 60kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 10 ounces for bag workouts.
- 60kg to 70kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
- More than 70kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
- Less than 50kg – 12 to 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
- 51kg to 65kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 8 to 10 ounces for bag workouts.
- 63kg to 76kg – 16 ounces for a sparring session and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
- 74kg to 90kg – 16 ounces for sparring sessions and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
- More than 90kg – 16 to ounces for sparring sessions and 12 ounces for bag workouts.
I hope my review of the best boxing gloves for big hands has provided you sufficient information in determining which brands to use during your training.
One final advice though, it is important to put the quality of gloves over the cost. A cheaper brand may not provide the same level of durability and safety compared to those made by reputable brands.
In addition, be sure to always refer to the "size chart" to select the right size.
I also discussed several factors in the buyer’s guide, and I hope it serves you well. Thank you for taking time off and reading my best boxing gloves for big hands review!